Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship 2020
The Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship program opens new opportunities to students who want to develope their talents and effect a positive change in their own world!
The Lockheed Martin group awards 200 scholarships worth of $10,000 per student which is renewable each year of the program. Awards will be open to individuals studying eligible engineering or computer science majors, who demonstrate financial need and come from underrepresented or under-served communities.
Applicants must also be open to outreach from Lockheed Martin recruitment teams regarding possible internship opportunities. (Note: All interested candidates and scholars must apply through the Lockheed Martin careers site.)
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year open January 15, 2020 and will close March 12, 2020. Apply Now
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. Citizen.
- Current high school seniors with a cumulative 2.5 or higher GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Provided there are qualified applicants, an effort will be made to give preference to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities (evidenced by volunteerism, mentoring younger students, STEM-focused extracurricular activities, work experience).
- Have a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances such as being a member of a military family.